Flat Rate NOW is pricing software for trade contractors and home services businesses. It’s cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS). Field staff use the software via a native browser on their mobile device, and office staff can access the Flat Rate NOW dashboard via web browser on their Mac or PC.
Flat Rate NOW is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information.
The primary purpose of this policy is to communicate to you how Flat Rate NOW deals with your personal information. It explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information, and other information or data associated with you and your use of our services. It also informs you about your rights and responsibilities relating to your personal data, in association with your use of our services.
We believe in informed consent at Flat Rate NOW. We therefore encourage you to read this policy carefully, to help you make an informed decision about sharing your information with us.
- “You” & “Your”: “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, or a new or existing user of our Service.
- “Flat Rate NOW”, “we”, “us”, “our”: Flat Rate NOW.
- “Service”: our Software as a Service for flat rate pricing, available via a web browser, as well as all subsidiary or additional services offered and controlled by Flat Rate NOW through use of your account.
This policy does not apply to third-party websites, products, or services even if they link to our Services, and You should consider the privacy practices of those third-parties carefully.
If You disagree with the practices described in this policy, You should (a) take the necessary steps to remove cookies from Your computer after leaving our website, and (b) discontinue Your use of our Services.
2. Information We Collect
Personal information is information that can be used to identify an individual person, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, contact information or address.
We may collect personal information, and other information, when You:
- register to use the Service
- demo or trial the Service
- use the Service, on any device
- communicate with us
- visit our website
- post to our blog
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram or LinkedIn
When you create a Flat Rate NOW account, we may ask for and collect Personal Information, such as Your:
- phone number
- Staff names, email addresses, and phone numbers
This personal information is voluntarily provided, and can be edited and updated in the settings of your account with the Service. You may choose not to provide some of Your personal information, however this may prevent or severely constrain our ability to provide You with the Service and/or Your ability to use the Service.
End-customer personal information
If you’re a Customer of one of our Users, The User may need to collect information about you when you interact with the User’s business through the Flat Rate NOW Service. For example, if you initiate a transaction with the User through the Flat Rate NOW Service, such as quoting a job, the User may collect information about you, such as your name, address, email, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction.
We may also automatically collect non-personal information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your visit to our website, communication with us, or trial or use of the Service, such as
- type of computer or mobile device
- device operating system,
- unique device identifier,
- browser type,
- browsing activity
- IP Address,
- MAC address, and
We may also store usage data such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers, and what information and files have been downloaded to the application based on your device number.
- How Information May Be Used
Flat Rate NOW collects Your personal information so that we can provide You with the Service and any related services You request. In doing so, Flat Rate NOW may use the personal information we have collected from You for purposes related to the Service, including to:
- Provide the Service to You, including any additional features, ‘Add-ons’ or connections you activate as part of your use of the Service
- Respond to your enquiries and requests
- Administer our provision of the Service to you
- Identify you as a User in our system
- Verify your identity
- Communicate with You in provision of technical support and any other issues you might experience in using the Service
- Send You training, marketing or promotional communications, related to the Service
- Send You marketing and other communications which may be of interest to you, being relevant to your business or industry
- Send You information important to your use of the Service, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies
- Seek feedback from You in the interest of improving our services, including for the purpose of seeking a testimonial or completing a client survey
- Aggregate personal and other information into non-identifiable anonymous data to help improve our services.
- To enforce our Terms of Service
- Facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements
- Prosecute or defend in a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
Your use of the Service means You consent to the collection, holding and usage of personal and other information for these purposes, and any other purpose for which you have provided express permission.
- How We Disclose Data.
Flat Rate NOW may disclose Your personal and other information to third parties for limited purposes relating to provision of the Service to You, for the improvement of our Service, and under certain circumstances, as described below. We may disclose your personal and other information with:
- Flat Rate NOW affiliates: we may disclose Your information to entities around the world that we control, for their internal business purposes and as part of our provision of the Service to You.
- Third party service providers: we may disclose Your information to third party service providers for the purpose of providing you with the Service, improving our Service, and other aforementioned purposes for how we use Your information, including services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services. These third parties include but are not limited to: MailChimp, LiveChat, Google, Mixpanel, Amazon Web Services and Stripe.
- Your customers: we may disclose Your information, and Your Flat Rate NOW staff information, to Your customers as part of our provision and Your use of the Service. For example, Flat Rate NOW sends emails and text messages from You and Your staff to Your customers, which may contain personal and other information.
- Independent Flat Rate NOW Partners which You have agreed to, sought or requested contact with for the purpose of Flat Rate NOW consultation, training and setup.
- Any other entity for which you have provided express consent for disclosure of Your information.
- Law enforcement agencies, legal systems and regulatory authorities: we may be required to disclose Your information, without Your consent, in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify You if we are required by law to disclose Your personal information.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including “Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews” and “Public Forum.”
- Your contacts associated with your social media accounts, Flat Rate NOW’s social media contacts, and browsers of the applicable social media, in connection with any of your social media activity related to Flat Rate NOW.
Flat Rate NOW takes reasonable physical, technical and administrative precautions to protect Your information from loss, theft, or unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure.
Flat Rate NOW’s servers are secured by SSL Certificates, so all data transferred between You and Flat Rate NOW is encrypted, including data transferred to smartphone and tablet devices.
Flat Rate NOW is built from the ground up using Odoo’s Open ERP technology. Your account data is backed up every 24 hours.
Notification of breach
Upon discovering or being notified of any breach which affects your personal information due to loss, theft, or unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure, Flat Rate NOW will directly notify You as soon as reasonably possible.
Username & password security
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your Flat Rate NOW username and password. Flat Rate NOW staff, and independent Flat Rate NOW Partners, do not have access to your password and will never ask for your password. Your Flat Rate NOW password should be unique.
- Advertising & Choice
Flat Rate NOW will not sell or otherwise disclose Your information to marketers or promotional third parties without your consent.
Flat Rate NOW may use your information for the purpose of sending you training, marketing or promotional communications, related to the Service, or which we determine may be of interest to you due to being relevant to Your business or industry.
You may opt out of these communications via ‘unsubscribe’ mechanisms. However, note that we may still send You communications important to Your use and our provision and administration of the Service to You.
- Access to Your Information & Retention of Information
You may access your information via Your Flat Rate NOW account or through a request to us.
You have the ability to access, alter or correct Your personal information within Your Flat Rate NOW account. It is Your responsibility to ensure the personal information You provide us is complete, accurate and up to date.
You can request, at no charge, all personal and other information we hold about you in writing at admin@FlatRateNOW.net.
Following an information request, if you believe any of the information we hold about you is unnecessary, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, please contact us at admin@FlatRateNOW.net.
To request removal of Your personal information from any websites or forums controlled by Flat Rate NOW, please request this in writing through admin@FlatRateNOW.net.
We will process Your requests as soon as reasonably practicable. If it is not reasonable, practical, or appropriate for us to process Your request in the manner you have requested, or we determine it to be frivolous or vexatious, we will advise you accordingly.
You may access a full export of all data within Your Flat Rate NOW account once every 24 hours.
You may close Your Flat Rate NOW account at any time. This will terminate Your access to the Service and result in the immediate deletion or anonymization of certain information and account data, including historic backups, stored in various locations around the world. However, note that Flat Rate NOW may have a variety of obligations to retain some or all of Your personal information, other information, or account data for certain periods. There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases, which will not be removed.
- Use of Services by Minors.
Because of the nature of our business, our services and benefits are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
- Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer.
Our services are global and account data (including Your personal and other information) may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers, and we may transfer Your information to countries outside of Your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of Your country.
If You are located within the European Economic Area (EEA), your information will be housed in data centres within the EEA and all Services will be confined to EEA data centres.
- Responsibilities for processing and controlling personal information
Through provision of the Service to You, Flat Rate NOW has an obligation to process Your personal and other information, and account data, as directed by you as part of Your use of the Service, and in accordance with our Terms of Service and applicable laws and regulations.
Further, under this policy and as a data controller, Flat Rate NOW has certain obligations to ensure the privacy of your personal and other information.
In turn, Your use of the Service involves the collection, holding and use of certain personal and other information about Your Customers. You should be aware of Your responsibilities as a data controller when collecting, holding and using personal information about Your customers, and the corresponding rights of Your Customers. If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Flat Rate NOW reserves the right to change this policy at any time, and any amended policy is effective upon the posting on this website. Flat Rate NOW will make every effort to communicate these changes to You via email, notification via the website, or notification through Your account.
You agree that electronic disclosures and notices have the same meaning and effect as if we had provided You with hard copy disclosures. Disclosures and notices in relation to this policy or Your information shall be considered to be received by You within 24 hours of the time they are posted to our website or sent to You via email or notification through Your account.
Flat Rate NOW
Attention: Flat Rate NOW Legal
1/170 George St,
Sensitive Information. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, or the like) in Your emails to us.
Last updated: May 2018